Claiming Tax Relief on Overseas Property

Newsletter issue - June 09.

In our Budget newsletter we mentioned that UK residents could now make claims for tax reliefs associated with furnished holiday let property situated in other EEA countries. The EEA countries are the 27 EU countries plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. The tax reliefs that could be claimed include:

These tax reliefs could apply for a number of PAST tax years, but to qualify you need to prove all of the following applied for the relevant year:

If this applies to you we can help you make a claim for tax relief which may be due.

For older years, the deadline for claiming is 31 July 2009. So if you think you might have a claim you need to act quickly.

Don't miss out

Our monthly newsletter is a great way to stay in touch with our work and everything that's going on in the accountancy world. Sign up now for our latest news and keep one step ahead in your business.

Sign up for our newsletter